Keep Georgia Beautiful is a large-scale environmental campaign initiated within the Waste Management Technologies in Regions, Phase II (WMTR II) program, which is implemented by CENN and funded by USAID. It aims to clean littered areas and maintain their cleanliness in cooperation with the private, public and civil society sectors.
Geographic area: Kakheti, Adjara, Shida Kartli, Tbilisi
The Keep Georgia Beautiful campaign calls for private companies, non-governmental and governmental organizations, local residents, and other stakeholders to help develop a responsible attitude and to implement green activities in everyday life in society.
Within the Keep Georgia Beautiful campaign, companies, organizations, and individuals interested in cooperating can select a specific area, be it a roadside section, a nearby park, a stadium or other area, and assume responsibility for its care. With CENN’s support, initial cleaning of the area will take place, and a sign will be installed to inform the public about the adoption of the area by the specific organization/person, who will take care of the areas cleanliness by cleaning it up at least once a month.
– Identifying appropriate areas for selection
– Negotiating with relevant government agencies when appropriate to gain the right to conduct activities on the area
– Developing banner
– Ensuring visibility of partners by installing informational signs at the adopted areas
– Organizing the first cleanup activity together with the partner (carrying out similar activities in future will be delegated to the partner)
– Ensuring adherence to health and safety standards (gloves, shovels, sacks for waste collection, etc.) on the first cleanup activity
– Campaign progress monitoring
– Provision of support of partners on every stage of the campaign
– Area selection
– Organizing a cleanup activity on the selected area together with CENN
– Mobilizing employees, volunteers, and friends to participate in the campaign
– Area monitoring at least once a month, carrying out cleanup activities/campaigns as necessary
– Mentioning CENN and donor organizations while spreading information on the campaign
Help us spread around Georgia, download Keep Georgia Beautiful
The Keep Georgia Beautiful campaign is implemented within Waste Management Technologies in Regions, Phase II (WMTR II) program. WMTR II is implemented by the Caucasus Environmental NGO Network (CENN), with the support of the United States Agency for International Development (USAID).
The program is assisting the Government of Georgia to modernize the country’s waste management sector and support sustainable and inclusive economic development. The program supports responsible natural resources management to minimize adverse impacts on human health and natural resources.