March 7, 2022. Within the framework of the EU-supported Georgia Climate Action Program (GEO-CAP) project, CENN announces a grant competition for innovative ideas for climate change mitigation and adaptation.
The aim of the grant competition is to implement innovative and sustainable projects in the GEO-CAP project target municipalities that:
- Facilitate climate change mitigation and adaptation;
- Increase community resilience and protect human health and the environment.
Non-profit (non-commercial) legal entities registered in the project’s target regions are eligible to participate in the grant competition. The applicant must be registered at least 1 year before the application is submitted.
The applicant may be registered in the non-target municipality of the project, however, the activities planned under the grant competition must be carried out in the project’s target municipalities.
The target regions and municipalities of the project are:
- Kakheti – Gurjaani, Sagarejo and Akhmeta;
- Imereti – Zestaponi, Tkibuli and Chiatura;
- Guria – Lanchkhuti and Ozurgeti;
- Racha-Lechkhumi – Oni and Ambrolauri.
The minimum amount requested under the grant application is the equivalent of 3,000 Euros in GEL and the maximum is the equivalent of 9,000 Euros in GEL.
The grant competition consists of the following steps:
- Submitting an initial application for a grant idea
- Evaluation of the initial application of the grant idea by the jury
- Training course for authors of selected grant ideas on the preparation of a complete project application (2 participants are provided for 1 project idea to attend the training)
- Submit a complete application
- Evaluation of full grant applications by the jury and an interview
- Grant Application Approval / Contract Award
Interested applicants should submit an initial project application form. The application deadline is: May 1, 2022 at 18:00.
For detailed information about the grant competition, read the following grant guide: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1dF_y-6ihiONLVBfYOcXu1uRhs-9CHkbk/view?usp=sharing
All documents to complete the application are available at the following link: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1jvB1OWfSzKWT7JgVkt-o1frNsfA0ioFD?usp=sharing
Completed forms must be sent electronically, signed and / or stamped if available, then via e-mail to: email@example.com
The subject line of the e-mail should indicate: “EU-GEO-CAP – Initial Application”.
Applications can only be submitted in Georgian.
Delayed and / or manually filled-out application forms will not be accepted.
For detailed information about the Grants Competition Terms, please visit: https://bit.ly/3HyIMmg
The competition is held under the European Union-supported Georgia Climate Action Program (GEO-CAP) that is implemented by CENN together with the Kakheti Regional Development Fund (KRDF), the Chiatura Union (ACU), the Racha-Lechkhumi and Kvemo Svaneti Agrotourism Development Association (RLS-ADA), and the Young Pedagogue’s Union (YPU). The target municipalities of the project are Gurjaani, Sagarejo, Akhmeta, Zestaponi, Tkibuli, Chiatura, Lanchkhuti, Ozurgeti, Oni, and Ambrolauri.