CENN Internships Announcement
Regional Environmental Officer in Shida Kartli Region for the Program
Waste Management Technology in Regions (WMTR), Georgia
Vacancy Reference #: REO/CENN/GEO/190110
Post(s) Title: Shida Kartli Regional Environmental Officer
Deadline for Applications: 18:00, January 31, 2019
Duty station: Tbilisi, Georgia
CENN is looking for a young and motivated person for the position of the Regional Environmental Officer in Shida Kartli Region within the program Waste Management Technology in Regions, Phase II. The REO will work in collaboration with regional coordinator in Shida Kartli and the entire WMTR II project team.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Assistance in all project related issues (planning, implementation, field trips, communication, logistics and administration, reporting, monitoring, evaluation)
- Assistance in planning and organization of seminars, trainings, workshops and roundtables (selection of materials, preparation of key issues for discussions and presentations, reporting)
- Project related information management
- Work with communities, youth groups and schools to increase awareness of and engage in waste management activities
- Organization of special creative outreach campaigns for youths to mobilize their resources and interest in environmental sector
- Organize campaigns, competitions, conferences, trainings and other public events
- Completed or ongoing degree in environmental or related fields
- Good knowledge of environmental issues, creativity and openness to new ideas
- Fluency in written and spoken English and Georgian
- Good analytical and communication skills
- Computer literacy and organizational skills
- Ability to develop partnership with a wide range of organizations and local governments
- Personal characteristics – patience, diplomacy, ability to listen to others` opinions, and respect toward colleagues, open-minded, friendly, flexible, sense of responsibility and ability to work independently
The deadline for submission of the requested documents is COB January 31, 2019. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
All applications must include the Vacancy Reference # of position for which you are applying.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.