Climate change is one of the most important challenges in the world today, posing a great threat to both the natural environment and the economies of countries and youth play an important role in the fight against climate change.
In order to activate the role of youth in the fight against climate change, CENN, with the financial support of the European Union, within the framework of the Georgian Climate Program, announces a youth competition – Climate Change Seen Through My Eyes.
Within the frames of the competition, the following works / materials can be submitted:
- Thematic photo
- Graphic work and / or poster
- The idea of a youth campaign to be implemented under the aforementioned Project
The submitted work should reflect the processes of climate change, challenges and possible solutions in Guria, Imereti, Racha-Lechkhumi, Kvemo Svaneti and Kakheti regions. Climate change issues may include:
- Limited access to clean water
- Natural disasters
- Pollution of rivers
- Sharp variability in temperature
- Biodiversity reduction / species loss
- Forest cover reduction
- Productivity reduction
- Atmospheric air pollution
- Any other topics you think are related to climate change
Youth aged 14-29 living in Kakheti (Gurjaani, Sagarejo and Akhmeta), Imereti (Zestaponi, Tkibuli and Chiatura), Guria (Lanchkhuti and Ozurgeti) and Racha-Lechkhumi (Oni and Ambrolauri) regions can take part in the competition.
Entries will be judged by the following criteria:
- Compliance with the assignment
- Technical performance
The format of the graphic work should not exceed A3;
Photographs must be high quality;
A contestant may submit one or more entries;
The name of the author must be indicated on the work.
Prizes by categories:
- Thematic photo category – hardware store voucher
- Painting category – easel and drawing accessories
- Graphic Work and / or Poster Category – Graphic Design Course
- Youth Campaign Idea Category – Financial and Technical Support for Project Implementation and Climate Ambassador Certificate
Those wishing to participate should send us their work via e-mail to email@example.com, preferably in PDF format, or send it to the CENN office at the following address – 27 Betlemi St. Contact person: Marie Kikvadze, 577959020.
The deadline for submitting your work via email is June 7 by midnight and the deadline to send your work to the CENN office is June 7 by 18:00.
WE WISH YOU GOOD LUCK!
The competition is held under the European Union-supported Georgia Climate Action Program (GEO-CAP) that is implemented by CENN together with the Kakheti Regional Development Fund (KRDF), the Chiatura Union (ACU), the Racha-Lechkhumi and Kvemo Svaneti Agrotourism Development Association (RLS-ADA), and the Young Pedagogue’s Union (YPU). The target municipalities of the project are Gurjaani, Sagarejo, Akhmeta, Zestaponi, Tkibuli, Chiatura, Lanchkhuti, Ozurgeti, Oni, and Ambrolauri.