Calling all sports venues around Georgia! Join the Energy Efficiency campaign, gain energy-saving insights, learn about renewable energy, make positive behavioural changes and boost your savings and environmental impact.
Description of the competition:
The Ministry of Economy and Sustainable Development, with the support of the European Union and KfW Development Bank and in partnership with the German independent energy consulting company GOPA intec announces a call for sports venues across Georgia to participate in the energy efficiency campaign.
The campaign will help sports facilities to introduce European energy-saving practices and encourage energy efficiency. The campaign will also promote awareness and behaviour change among employees on energy efficiency issues.
Interested sports facilities will participate in the following activities:
- Training on energy efficiency and renewable energy;
- Building audit on improving the use of energy and water resources (the audit is carried out using a voluntary tool introduced in the European Union – Energy Display, the purpose of which is to encourage countries to make buildings more energy efficient and environmentally friendly);
- Development and transmission of energy saving guide;
- Development and distribution of awareness-raising information materials;
- Promo campaign on the use of energy and water resources in buildings (within the campaign, sports facilities with the best initiatives will be promoted by various media channels).
Terms of Participation
To participate in the campaign, facilities must register at the following link: https://forms.gle/HxqrdnWu8fhtBVE29
To participate in the promo campaign, sports facilities must demonstrate a willingness and motivation to introduce energy-saving practices in their buildings.
Criteria for participation in the promo campaign:
- Provide technical information about buildings to calculate energy use and develop recommendations;
- Participate in training and involve employees;
- Follow expert advice and conduct a building audit/develop a change plan;
- To display informational materials in buildings.
Registration deadline: October 8, 2023
Campaign implementation period: October 2023
Campaign registration link: https://forms.gle/HxqrdnWu8fhtBVE29