CENN, in cooperation with GIZ developed a guidebook “Green Technology on Sustainable Forest Management and Alternative Energy.
The guidebook covers the following topics:
- The role of the forest and its evolution in terms of environmental balance;
- Solid biomass and its energy potential in Georgia;
- Energy plantations, brownfields, blackfields and their remediation into greenfields;
- Solar energy and energy efficiency;
- Energy efficient technology zoning and green solutions;
- Green principles in traditional Georgian architecture.
This guide book was developed with financial support of the program Natural Resource Management and Ecosystem Services for Sustainable Rural Development in the South Caucasus” (ECOserve), that is implemented by the German Society for International Cooperation (GIZ) and funded by the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ).