CENN, with financial support from the Swiss organization HEKS-EPER, promotes the capacity building of local farmers to integrate climate-resilient agriculture. For this purpose, the certificate course “Climate Resilient vegetable production” was implemented for farmers in Marneuli municipality in partnership with Cartlis Academy.
About 25 farmers were retrained in the following thematic clusters:
- Negative implications of climate change on agriculture, the importance of Climate Resilient Agriculture (CRA), Climate Resilient Agricultural practices and technologies;
- The main aspects of vegetable crop fertilization;
- The principles of Integrated Pest Management;
- The types of irrigation systems in vegetable crops and their importance;
- The course also included a practical masterclass in the greenhouse.
The certificate course was implemented within the “Climate Resilient Agriculture – PRAISE Marneuli” project, which is implemented by CENN with the financial support of the Swiss organization HEKS-EPER, in cooperation with Cartlis Academy. The project’s overall objective is to support income generation opportunities for vulnerable populations in Marneuli municipality by developing and promoting environmentally friendly and climate-resilient agricultural (CRA) practices.